Friday, September 28, 2012

SharePoint error-The password supplied with the username was not correct

Few days back when I am trying to create a web application in SharePoint 2010 I got the below error. The error message is:
The password supplied with the username was not correct. Verify that it was entered correctly and try again.

Then I remembered I have changed my password recently. So now we need to update the password also.
Step-1:
For this Open the command prompt. Then navigate to
C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions14BIN and then type stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin <domainusername> -password <newpassword>


Click on enter

It will give you message as "Operation completed successfully." if successfully executed as shown in the figure below.


Step-2:

In the next step do an IISRESET and then try creating web application, it will work fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment